Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Straight from the freezer tonight!

Well there is no big TA-DAH tonight....simple supper is on the menu! Pulled some porkchops out of the freezer.....from the big sale at Market Basket a couple of weeks ago....going to sear them in a black iron skillet. Pulled some homemade mac and cheese out of the freezer........made a double batch last time and froze some......will pop that in the oven in a bit. Pulled some steam in the bag corn out of the freezer.....from the last super mega sale at Kroger. Total from the freezer dinner tonight!

Lately, when I am making something that we really like, or eat often, I try to make a double or triple batch and put some in the freezer. I found a super great trick for not loosing my baking dishes to the freezer. I pick the pan I would normally cook the dish in....line it with foil, put the food inside the foil and seal it up. Place the whole dish in the freezer and freeze until frozen solid. Now just pop the foil covered food out of the dish, and the baking dish goes back into the cupboard. Make sure to lable the food, what it is and what dish you froze it in...trust me, you will not remember what dish it goes in! Ask me how I know this!!! LOL!!! When you are ready to bake the dish...pop the foil covered food into the right pan(it will fit perfectly) and bake! Now you also have easy cleanup because of the foil!

No comments:

Post a Comment