Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Grandma Frieda's Chicken Salad

I learned to make this from my grandmother, it was her old standby that she brought to every baby shower, wedding, and family reunion. She made hers by using this giant old metal meat grinder that PawPaw Spec would bolt to the kitchen counter. There was no recipe, I had to watch and guess at measurements. I have made it for so long myself that I make it with no measuring. So this is my best guess at measurments. You just have to make it like Grandma said...."till it looks right"

About 1/2 a cooked chicken, chopped VERY fine
2 eggs chopped very fine
1-2 green onions chopped very fine
1 heaping spoon dill pickle relish
1 good squirt spicey brown mustard
1 good squirt ranch dressing
enough mayo to make it a good spreading consistancy
red pepper and black pepper to taste

Mix well and let sit over night in the ice box....but I can never wait that long! this is not a chunky crunchy chicken salad.....it is a good sandwich spreading chicken salad. It is simple, but oh so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment