Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spicey Garlic Meatballs

It has been a long week, with NO cooking and very little home time. I was having withdrawls from the kitchen and the blog!!! So today, I am playing catch-up....getting a couple of things cooked, and getting a game plan together for next week.....in case it all goes down hill again!!!! So I had a pound of ground beef in the fridg, that was supposed to be Shepherds Pie on St Pat's Day, but that never happened....so I decided it needed to be cooked, would not want the meat to spoil!! So I decided to make some meatballs and freeze them. I can pop them into some spaghetti sauce(I have some frozen already) one night next week for a quick supper! So spicey garlic meatballs it is!!!

1 lb of ground beef
1 egg
1/2 a small onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
3/4 cup grated parmasan cheese
season with salt, black pepper, red pepper and red pepper flakes

Mix all ingredients together lightly, and shape into balls. Place meat balls in a baking dish with a small amount of water in the bottom of the pan. Bake at 425 until brown. Mine takeabout 50 minutes, you will need to adjust your time according to how large you make your meatballs. Cool. Now you can drop them into sauce or pop them into a zip bag and into the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment