Sunday, March 7, 2010

Funeral Cake

Ok....I know....what the heck is Funeral Cake??? Well, this is a recipe for a super simple cake that can be thrown together very quickly from things that are easliy kept in the pantry. I got the recipe for a co-worker years ago, she said she called it Funeral Cake because she could get a call that someone had died, throw this cake together, put it in the oven, be showered and dressed when it came out of the oven, pop the cake out and be ready to go to the funeral home. The name stuck, and the cake is wonderful. I think I have made this cake more than any other cake in my recipe book. It works great as a bundt cake, with a glaze or without. It also makes a great sheet cake, put some cream cheese frosting on it and it is over the top good!!!!

1 Duncan Heinz Butter Recipe Cake mix(I have used other brands and it is still yummy)
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients together for 2 minunutes then add

1 can Betty Crocker Coconut Pecan Frosting

Mix together for another minute. Yes!! You put the frosting IN the cake!!!

Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350 for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment