Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pork Chops in Green Chili Cream Sauce

So you say you have never heard of Green Chili Cream Sauce! There is a good reason for that, cause I made it up....lol!!!! My family loves anything with green chilies in it, so they show up often in my recipes. This is a yummy one, the sauce is good over rice, mixed with egg noodles, or poured over potatoes. Tonight I am doing some roasted potatoes, I think the sauce will be good with that too! I plan to try to adapt this recipe for the slow cooker soon....I will update with modifications if it works!

4-6 pork chops or small pork steaks
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1 can green chilies
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
season with red pepper, black pepper, salt and small amount of cumin

Season pork, then brown well in a large skillet. When brown, add onions and about 1/2 cup of stock. Cook over medium high heat until all stock has evaporated and there are nice brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Now add the remaining stock, garlic, and chilies. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until pork is tender, about an hour or so. Add additional or stock or water to the pan as needed. When the pork is tender add the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream the the pan. Cook until well blended and heated through. It's ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment